You must have had a good time seeing all the vibrant Mix Media creations by our DT.
I am the last one to go (wedding season kept me busy with those luncheons and dinners...)
So lets welcome Spring in our own colorful and crafty way...
OK!!..let me stop my endless talks..and show you what i created for the Spring theme.
- I started with a 10"x 12" board canvas.
- Used mod podge to adhere paper strips, doily, net, burlap, and butterfly punched border( almost everything from left over pieces)
- Used my homemade texture paste and Dylusions and the TCW mask as my stencils to create the brick texture and dots.
- Brushed entire surface with gesso, which acts as a primer for the sprays.
- And now comes the best part...The Smooch Spritz....these are little test tubes filled with rich colors and lots of shimmer. (I just fell in love with these).
- Smooch Spritz (Navy twinkle, Sun kissed, Tea party) Smooch Spritz@kraftzone
- Dylusions stencil and TCW flower mask stencils@kraftzone
Here is my Mix Media Layout for Spring Theme
(painted with gesso)
(a closeup of textures)
(TCW flower mask)
Here is the complete look...
And on demand from my DT members...i had to put a photo also :) and could not find a better one...
Hope you liked this blast of colors...Do join us with your creations at our new Challenge #3